What would have been Esther Ku's interview


Esther Ku is a comedienne who relies heavily on joking about Asian stereotypes and blue humor in her act. Since she's cute, the dirty language and jokes get more laughs than they would if she weren't cute or if she were male. I first contacted Esther back in December of 2010 about an interview that was intended for another site I contribute to. She replied, agreed, and asked me to e-mail her my questions, which I did. She never subsequently replied, which sure didn't surprise me. I dug those questions from my sent folder last November while I was retrieving my unreplied-to interview questions for publication. But first, I decided to resend those questions to Esther, with revisions, and let her know the interview would now be intended for this site. Still, no reply and still, no surprise. Above is where a clip of Esther's stand-up act would have been. Instead, enjoy the 5-second test pattern.

Photo of Esther would have gone above
and here would have been the caption.
CHRIS CHARLES: First off Esther, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give me this little exclusive interview.
ESTHER:

CHRIS: As far as comediennes, who are your biggest influences?
ESTHER:

CHRIS: I know that practically all the Asian comedians/comediennes I've seen, use their ethnicity as their "hook." For example, joking about Asian stereotypes, cultures, traditional family values, etc. In fact, some (I won't mention any names like Sunghee Park) base their entire routines on it. Would you say you rely on that for a good percentage of your material?
ESTHER:

CHRIS: Did you rely on it more earlier in your career than you do now that you're more established?
ESTHER:

CHRIS: I know you joke about this in your act, but have you ever dated any guys who seemed to stereotype Asian girls?
ESTHER:

CHRIS: Where do you get the inspirations for the lyrical manipulations of the songs you perform, such as "Fistin'" the Night Away" and "I Get Off Alone"?
ESTHER:
Photo of Esther would have gone above
and here would have been the caption.

CHRIS: Since some of your material is a little racy, would you ever consider doing any nude or semi nude photo shoots or nude movie scenes?
ESTHER:

CHRIS: About how much time do you spend out on the road away from home?
ESTHER:

CHRIS: Ever get any bad or tough audiences?
ESTHER:

CHRIS: Any favorite places to perform?
ESTHER:

CHRIS: With that, I thank you again for doing this Esther. In closing, and shout-outs or any words you'd like to leave the readers with?
ESTHER:




Since Esther's pretty cute, a couple more photos of her would have gone
above and the captions for both would have been here.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Gadgets by Spice Up Your Blog