What would have been Stella Chuu's interview

To be clear, when I contacted model, cosplayer, and burlesque performer Stella Chuu about being interviewed for a feature here, she didn't say yes or no, but rather said I could send her my questions though Facebook and "we'll see what we can do." So, I subsequently sent the questions, but she ended up deciding she wouldn't "feel comfortable" being featured here, for whatever reason a burlesque performer may have for not feeling "comfortable," and declined the offer.

Absolutely no problem with that and much more her loss than ours, but I don't like to waste my time researching someone, only to have the good and pertinent questions I came up with, go unanswered, nor let interviews that others would have surely appreciated, go unseen. So, even though my questions will go unanswered, I'm not going to let them go unseen. Here's my half of what would have been an interview with the aforementioned Stella Chuu. Of course, at left is where a photo of her would have gone and I would have given credit to the photographer here.


A photo of Stella would have gone
above with the caption here.
CHRIS CHARLES: Hi Stella. I'm sending you these questions on Halloween, and I assume you could consider it your "busy season"?
STELLA CHUU:

CHRIS: What did you do on Halloween?
STELLA:

CHRIS: You're known as the the "Anime Princess of Burlesque." Who are some of the characters you've performed as on stage?
STELLA:

CHRIS: You're also a cosplayer. I know you've appeared as many characters at cosplay events and conventions. Who have been some of your favorites?
STELLA:

CHRIS: So for you, did cosplay sort of naturally lead to burlesque?
STELLA:

CHRIS: You're also part of a "nerdlesque" troupe, which was a new term to me. One writer described it as "a geeky subgenre of burlesque." Would you say that's an accurate definition?
STELLA:

CHRIS: How long has "nerdlesque" been around?
STELLA:
A photo of Stella would have gone
above with the caption here.

CHRIS: I know you make a lot of your own costumes. Was Captain Scarlett still the most challenging one to create?
STELLA:

CHRIS: You co-produced RAWR! Burlesque and I understand you've done a Monty Python-themed show. As an avid Python fan, I would have loved to have seen that one. Which skits did you cover?
STELLA:

CHRIS: Do you have any favorite performers from the heyday of burlesque?
STELLA:

CHRIS: How about among the neo-burlesque ladies of today?
STELLA:

CHRIS: You're Korean (right?), so I'm wondering if you come from a very traditional family?
STELLA:

CHRIS: (If so) Has your family always been supportive of your career?
STELLA:

A photo of Stella would have gone
above with the caption here.
CHRIS: Where is your tentacle monster chair now?
STELLA:

CHRIS: How about the Pedobear head?
STELLA:

CHRIS: Do you have any hobbies or interests that most people don't know about?
STELLA:

CHRIS: Well thanks so much for doing this Stella. In closing, any plugs or shout-outs?
STELLA:

CHRIS: Oh, just one last question: Would you ever consider going to a cosplay event as Kekko Kamen? If so, how authentic would you recreate her costume ....or lack of a costume?
STELLA:






A clip of Stella doing one of her Burlesque routines would have gone
here but instead, here's a 5-second test pattern.

Links to Stella's website and social media pages would have gone here.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Gadgets by Spice Up Your Blog